The holidays are upon us and I am sooooo excited this year with it being our first Christmas with sweet Soleil. This is truly the most wonderful and my favorite time of the year!
I was chatting with one of my close girlfriends about looking to get some family holiday cards done. She then suggested to shoot them for us. At first I was a bit hesitant with it being our first Christmas time with babygirl and I wanted these cards to capture this special moment beautifully. I just decided to go with it and why not have my bestie take some photos and then we would take some of her famjam.
I am so happy with how they turned out. So guys if you have a friend who has some decent camera skills don’t be afraid to do a holiday card photo session swap with them. I’ve listed some Christmas card photo tips below to help make your session go smoothly.
Christmas Card Photo Tips
- If you have a close friend with decent camera skills and a good camera, don’t be afraid to have then shoot your photos. You already have a comfortable relationship with the person, and you will have a blast.
- Coordinate your family’s outfits. It’s nice to have your whole looks work together in unison.
- Choose a beautiful scenic natural environment. You can’t go wrong with a beautiful beach, or your favorite hiking spot as your backdrop.
- Don’t forget snacks for your littles and toys you can bring along to cheer them up.
- Go close to sunset or early morning for the best lighting.
- Get out of your head and have fun! Shoe your personality and don’t worry about if you’re going to get the shot or not.
- Take a bunch of photos!!