I am soooo obsessed with all things pom pom right now. I’ve been seeing them everywhere from hats, to bags and shoes, I just can’t get enough. Pom poms add such a fun loving colorful vibe to any outfit. Here’s a super easy DIY for a pom pom hat accessory to add to any hat that you have. If you would like to purchase one, check back on the blog shortly I will be selling these.
Pom Pom Hat Accessory DIY
10 2cm felt pom poms
2 Bracelet charms
- Line up your pom poms in the order you would like to string them
- Thread your hemp string through the needle. Make sure your needle eye is large enough fit a thick yarn.
- Push the needle through each pom pom stringing it on the hemp yarn. The hemp will hold the pom poms in place, so they wont slide.
- Once you’ve finished stringing all the pom poms, space them out with enough room in between each pom pom. Also leave about 5-7 inches of excess string on each end before you cut the string.
- Tie a charm on each end of the string. You can tie the pom pom accessory to any hat with a simple knot or if you would like to use it on a variety of hats, tie your accessory on with an adjustable knot.
- Rock your pom pom hat this summer.