Happy Cinco de Mayo. In honor of the day when the Mexican army battled and defeated the French Army at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862 let’s celebrate with this tasty recipe from our friends south of the border. This recipe takes your basic grilled corn to an extraordinary level of yumminess. Have you ever tried street corn before? If you haven’t here’s what your getting yourself into. Corn smothered with cream and cheese yes it is quite rich and naughty but sooooo worth it.
Serve this up at your next summer barbecue with this guacamole recipe for a fun Mexican fiesta themed party.
Mexican Street Corn Recipe
- 4 ears corn
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho powder
- 1 medium clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Prepare corn. You can either grill it on a barbecue rotating it on the hot grill for approximately 7-8 mins. Bake in oven at 350f for 35-40 mins.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, cream, cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in a bowl. Stir until it’s smooth and set aside.
- When the corn is ready use a spoon to evenly coat the corn with the cream mixture on all sides. Sprinkle with some more cheese and chili powder. Squeeze a lil’ lime and you are ready to serve.
Now this corn recipe is so good you’ll be saying my favorite quote from the movie Nacho Libre.
Have you guys seen that movie? Jack Black gets me hollering in it all the time. So yeah make a batch of this street corn and save yourself some for later.