Weekend brunchin’ has become one of my favorite traditions I look forward to all week. There’s just something so marvelous about making a feast for my family to indulge.
This waffle board is not only pleasing to the eye but your taste buds will also squeal with delight. I love how you can make your own plate to tickle your fancy so this would be perfect for hosting Sunday brunch with friends.
I made this crispy buttermilk waffle board perfectly topped with thick cut bacon and berries! Some other options for the toppings could be sausages, smoked salmon or buttery eggs.
Prepare your board with additional yumminess of little pitchers of maple syrup, whip cream and Nutella. I love this recipe for buttermilk waffles. They turn out so crunchy on the outside and soft & moist on the inside.
How To Make a Waffle Board
Crispy Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg room temperature and separated
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Separate the egg and beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. About 5mins or so.
- In a large bowl add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix it all well until its combined.
- Add the milk, butter, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla and just lightly mix it. Be sure to not overmix.
- Fold in the egg whites. Be gently with it so that the egg whites stay bubbly to give the waffles that light texture.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup- 1 cup of batter into your waffle. Be careful so it doesn’t overflow.
- Cook waffles according to the directions of your waffle iron.
- Thick cut bacon
- Whip Cream
- Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and of your favs!
- Maple Syrup
- Smoked Salmon
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter