I love starting my day with this Turmeric Golden Milk Latte. It’s just so comforting and feels like a great big hug in a cup, due to its mood enhancing abilities I’m sure. The benefits of Turmeric are extraordinarily healing and numerous. Turmeric contains curcumin, the polyphenol established as its primary active component and consists of over 150 probable therapeutic activities, such as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
Some other benefits are:
- Treatment of PMS and period cramps
- Weight loss & weight management
- Anti depressant
- Prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s
- Arthritis treatment
- Psoriasis treatment
- Brain healing and for increasing memory function
- Treatment of indigestion and heartburn aid
When to hold off on Turmeric:
- If you’re going to have surgery in the next two weeks. Turmeric increases the risk of bleeding.
- If you’re pregnant. Curcumin stimulates the uterus and raises the risk of a miscarriage.
- If you are trying to conceiving, turmeric could add to the difficulties.
- If you’re taking any anticoagulants
Golden Milk Miracle in a Cup
1 teaspoon of peeled and chopped fresh turmeric
1 teaspoon of peeled and chopped ginger
1 teaspoon raw honey
2 teaspoon coconut oil
Dashes black pepper
1 cup almond milk
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium high heat
- Combine turmeric, ginger,honey,coconut oil and black pepper in a blender
- Pour the hot almond milk into the blender and start on a low speed and increase until its smooth and frothy. Be careful of hot heat and pressure in blender.
Note* Adding black pepper to turmeric enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to a property in black pepper called piperine. So by mixing turmeric and black pepper together, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by a whopping 2000%!